We went for a second viewing of a house today. It looked bigger today as Carles opened the windows and the sunshine illuminated the rooms.
We looked at it properly this time, trying light switches, cupboard doors, taps and showers and yes there were quite a few bits that needed some care. I suppose after long term renting all it needs is a bit of TLC. Now that is a new word we taught Carles 😉
After visualising where our own items could go and how we would get round certain things we decided to put in an offer. Carles didn’t think that the owner would accept our first offer but he told me to slow down. I said we wanted to be in somewhere by March and he said we still had plenty of time.
He explained just how quick sales go through in Spain and told me to wait a bit longer. He said that we had at least another couple of weeks in which he was going to contact the owners of the first house that we loved to see if their circumstances had changed and he would also phone round a few people to see if anything else was coming on.
He also added that they had no one else ready to view the house that we had seen today so there was no rush to put in an offer. In fact he wasn’t going to put in an offer on our behalf just yet.
It seems so strange to have an estate agent refusing to put in an offer and telling you to wait. You think they would snatch your arm off but no – he wants to make sure we get the right house for us!
That is just so sweet.