Living In Mallorca

Relocating to Mallorca

Important Documentation

As a follow on from the costing page you should now keep safe the following documentation:

  • Escritura – deeds of your purchased property
  • Catastro from Ministerio De Hacienda – documentation confirming the alteration of the title deeds now into your name (like Land Registry in UK)
  • Marriage Certificate translated into Spanish
  • Confirmation of your driving licence with certified photocopy showing your Spanish licence
  • Details of local ITV station (MOT)
  • Agencia Tributaria showing you are now registered for tax purposes
  • Registro para la Cobertura de la Seguridad Social – for your Social Security S1 cards for national health (pensioners and dependents only)
  • Ministerio Del Interior showing your N.I.E. number which is needed for just about everything
  • Certificado de Registro de Ciudadano de la Union – Residencia card
  • Targeta Sanitaria Individual – health card which states the name, address and phone number of your allocated national health doctor and nurse

In fact it is important to keep safe anything to do with buying/selling/utilities etc.  So hang on to all your bank statements, credit and debit receipts, electricity and water bills and just about any documents that may be useful at a later date.

I used to think that I kept a lot of filing living in the UK but it is even more necessary to hold onto them here.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s